Thursday, October 14, 2010

Que lastima! Es una carta de dia espanol. Se dice que nos ama, pero tiene que salir nosotros ahora.

"Delight in Disorder" by Robert Herrick

Me reading the poem: "Grrr...stupid soft rhymes that don't make any sense."
Me after thinking about it: "Ohhhh! The soft rhymes are supposed to be clever and enhance the theme!"
Me typing the above two comments: "Herrick reminds me of herring. You're a fish, Rob. Robster the Lobster, that's what you are."

But to explain that whole thing, the soft rhymes means something because they're a kind of disorder that have been put there on purpose. Just as the little off doo-dads in the described fashionista's outfit, the structure of the poem creates some disorder. Robster needs something to do with his life if he sits around writing about disorderly fashion in which he secretly takes pleasure.
Robster would enjoy this.


Also...I don't take Spanish.

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh, they bothered me tooooo. I didn't pick up on that. Also, I have been continually baffled by your use of Spanish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just a little langauage love is all. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SPEAKING of language, *gestures toward Mass Media blog*. I have already told you this several times. I'm just excited is all.

    ReplyDelete