Thursday, January 27, 2011

The little bucket goes in the bucket, then they both go in the big bucket. Trust me, it rules.

I've always wanted to read Othello ever since I've seen the game and just kind of made up my own rules when I played with it in aftercare in grade school since I was too young to understand or care about the rules. Now that it's in the books, I'm glad I got it out of the way, because I know it would have haunted me to my deathbed even though I didn't put it on my bucket list I made sophomore year. I still don't quite understand the game except that Othello is black and Iago is white and that seems to be the game's big selling point. So that's nifty. I also thought Emilia's death was kind of funny, unnecessary, and funny, which means Shakespeare knows how to appeal to my dark side (Which doesn't even have cookies! It's such a lie!) So now that I've got another Shakespearean play under my belt I can officially call myself a better and more learned person that will better improve society with my newfound insights of myself and the world around me. Thank you, Shakespeare, and thank you people who care too much.

Tell it like it is Mr. Flower.

1 comment:

  1. it's scary to think what your life would have been like if you had never studied this play.

    ReplyDelete