Thursday, April 14, 2011

Chicken Dinner! I left the head on 'cause I love you.

"A flash of lightning illuminated the object and discovered its shape plainly to me; its gigantic stature, and the deformity of its aspect, more hideous than belongs to humanity, instantly informed me that it was the wretch, the filthy demon to whom I had given life. What did he there? Could he be (I shuddered at the conception) the murderer of my brother? No sooner did that idea cross my imagination than I became convinced of its truth; my teeth chattered, and I was forced to lean against a tree for support." pg. 73

Okay, what I want to know is how you're so sure that it was your monster that you created. Sure he shows up in a flash of lightning all ominously, but does that prove his guilt? I think Justine is guiltier than the monster. We never even found out if the monster actually killed him in this half of the book anyway. And why would he? What motivation would he have to randomly kill a person, save the fact that his creator shunned him. All he wanted was to be loooved! I blame Victor.

But everyone knows my logic is never flawed!

3 comments:

  1. who's the "you" being referenced here? Me? Abby? anyone who reads this blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was totes talking to Victor. Yeah, I'm cool enough to address a fictional character in my blog.

    ReplyDelete