Thursday, April 21, 2011

Ramen Noodles: The Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner of Champions

"Liberty, however, had been a useless gift to me, had I not, as I awakened to reason, at the same time awakened to revenge." pg 189

So I'm not exactly sure if Victor is a hero or antihero. As illustrated by the quote, his motivation is revenge. Additionally, his motivation for making the creature was an unhealthy obsession of succeeding. He faints and is ill constantly. Definitely not heroic; however, he does attempt to save those he loves. He embarks on a dangerous trek across wastelands to hunt down his creation and he's very strong-willed when deciding never to create another being even at the risk of a life of perpetual misery. That seems pretty heroic to me. You say "potato," I say "Why did you say potato? Weirdo." HA!

Weren't expecting that, were ya?

1 comment:

  1. I can't think of any reason to have said "potato." The word "Idaho" comes to mind, but aside from that, I got nothin'. =| I AM a weirdo. Good day, sir.

    ReplyDelete