Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I'm a couple sandwiches short of a pile of sandwiches!

The Blog That Deals With The End Blog

So I learned a few things from this book, Costello-jan. Afghanistan is messed-up beyond fixing probably. Human vice always makes for a compelling read. Child rape makes me feel icky and want to take a shower. I can see why it's on the work of literary merit list though. It had a highly relatable, yet thoroughly disdainable protagonist in Amir. You can feel good about yourself twice over! It made several banned book lists too which is a prereq for literary merit. I think just about all the other book choices were on a banned book list at one point too. But in the end, Amir felt better about himself and could move on with his guilt to focus his efforts on a new project, Sohrab. Yay America! Boo Taliban! Yay kabobs and naan! 


Relevant picture....what?

No comments:

Post a Comment