Friday, August 13, 2010

It wouldn't be my blog without Abby Koop commenting on it.

"Even now I haven't finished sorting it out. Sometimes I forgive myself, other times I don't. In the ordinary hours of life I try not to dwell on it, but now and then, when I'm reading a newspaper or just sitting alone in a room, I'll look up and see the young man step out of the morning fog. I'll watch him walk around me, his shoulders slightly stooped, his head cocked to the side, and he'll pass withing a few yards of me and suddenly smile at some secret thought and then continue up the trail to where it bends back into the fog." pg. 128.

I think it was a combination of the previous quote and this one from "Ambush" that kind of made me have a little freak-out moment. I guess Vietnam just does that to people. 0.o  At first it struck me as, "aww, it's so poetic." He's such a troubled man being haunted by the ghosts of his past. Then not too long after that I had my little episode.

But really, it wouldn't be my blog if I didn't have a comment from Abby (and sometimes the occasional admirer) plus a "check" from Costello on just about every entry. Let it be known though, Abby, because I know you'll be the first to read this, I quite enjoy your comments so keep 'em coming.
Hey check us out! I'm pretty sure I've officially mortified Abby into a state of shock.

3 comments:

  1. Chriiistiaaaaaaan, you know how that picture makes my head tiny. Now I have to go try to read the rest of your post.

    *intermission*

    I've missed something. I'll be back. I haven't read your preeevious post yet.

    ...

    *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so predictable.

    I'm still having trouble following the transition of your thoughts following those quotes. "Aww, it's so poetic," then....

    You'rrrrreeee mad about the fiction/nonfiction thing. You'rrrrrree freaked out by the ghost thing. You'rrrrrreeeeeee surprised that I'm first AND second to comment? Okay, not that one. Cool. I give up. =D! Help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe Abby, you make me smile.
    And Christian, I definitely had a freak-out episode when I read that part, too. It greatly contributed to my doubting the truthfulness of several of his stories.

    ReplyDelete