Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Ask me about my pentameral symmetry!

"Once Upon A Time" by Nadine Gordimer

So in the spirit of writing fun stories, here's mine!

"Assistant Manager of the Heart" by Christian Powers

Bianca had it all - friends, a beautiful home, an exciting life filled with exotic trips and erotic nights with anyone she wanted. All that was missing was true love, but then she met Roger.

Roger lived a fast-paced life as the Assistant Manager in the Quality Assurance department at Qualcheck Information Services. His taciturn manner was uninteresting, but something about the way his Dockers broke across the topline of his Hush Puppies drove her mad. He was a puzzle wrapped in an enigma - how could a man so boring make her heart race?

Could it be? In her search for true love, all she had to do was wait for her prince to finish monitoring sales calls and take the bus home to her heart....

Truth.

4 comments:

  1. I laughed. For a really long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid I don't fully understand either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahem, in "Once Upon a Time," the author wrote a short little story. Just for funsies, I wrote my own... with a nice love story. No dead children here.

    ReplyDelete